Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : OEM BMW Wash and Wax and Buckets

dskippy888
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 05:13:48 AM
Anybody have any experience with BMW's Wash and Wax combintion product?
Or thoughts about that kind of product in general? I'm thinking about using it this weekend. Thanks.
Also, for you old fashioned bucket and soap guys, is it advisible to use 2 separate buckets with 2 separate sponges for each, or do most of you just use one bucket and 1 sponge for the whole car?

///Mperor
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 05:41:08 AM
Anybody have any experience with BMW's Wash and Wax combintion product?
Or thoughts about that kind of product in general? I'm thinking about using it this weekend. Thanks.
Also, for you old fashioned bucket and soap guys, is it advisible to use 2 separate buckets with 2 separate sponges for each, or do most of you just use one bucket and 1 sponge for the whole car?

Haven't used it. I use Zaino and Zymol stuff myself.

When you say sponge, I hope you don't mean an actual sponge. Very bad on your black paint! 100% cotton mits are safest imho.

STALKER
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 07:31:50 AM
The BMW stuff is not going to be the best products on the market. Not that they are bad, but there are better waxes on the market.

dskippy888
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 09:24:10 AM
So do you guys have separate cleaning mitts and buckets for the top half of your car and then ones for the bottom half? (I was told to do this, to minimize dirt getting stuck in the mitts and making scratches). It sounds like a sound idea, but I was wondering how many people actually do this.

Sirius
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 11:28:12 AM
So do you guys have separate cleaning mitts and buckets for the top half of your car and then ones for the bottom half? (I was told to do this, to minimize dirt getting stuck in the mitts and making scratches). It sounds like a sound idea, but I was wondering how many people actually do this.

Naw. I wash the top half first, then I rinse out the wash mitt with a hose to get the dirt out, and then do the bottom half (below the mouldings) then rinse out the mitt again.

///Mperor
Tue, Jul-13-2004, 03:30:27 AM
Naw. I wash the top half first, then I rinse out the wash mitt with a hose to get the dirt out, and then do the bottom half (below the mouldings) then rinse out the mitt again.

Yeah, I just use one mitt and one bucket. I do a small section at a time (from the top down), then I wash off my mitt with the hose. I never put the mitt back into the bucket once it's touched the car without first rinsing it off really well. If you re-dip, you are going to get dirt and grit in your bucket. Using this method only adds at most one to two hours to the washing process :chair: ...j/k.

homeboy
Tue, Jul-13-2004, 10:09:12 AM
i'm insaino for zaino

acitydweller
Tue, Aug-17-2004, 04:48:59 PM
dont buy the bmw buckets. you can get a dozen buckets at target for that amount :) a 15 researching the forums and a trip to autozone or any local car care shop will do you good