Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : New to M3 Detailing, Product Advice Please

Antz_Marchin
Wed, Jul-07-2004, 05:40:13 AM
I say new to M3 detailing because I would spend a good 3 hours every weekend on my 88 325i but with the E36 M3 on the way Thursday, things have just gone to a whole new level. I'm looking for a good list of stuff to get but not web-available and crazy $$ stuff like Zaino yet, as I intend to start immediately this weekend and living in Canada, that stuff always takes forever to get here. I'm looking for Maguires, TurtleWax, Mothers, this kind of easy to find stuff that I can get easily and for a decent price.

I'd like advice on companies and product names for a wash, wax, clay bar (heard good thing but what exactly is this for????) rim polish, tire polish, and a good product to keep thins like the black side moulding strips and weather-stripping looking very deep black, and anything else that you think I should be buying (other specific trypes of products/accessories/mits/rags). Thanks very much for any advice, I'm so pumped for an 8 hour day on Saturday.

M3IZZY
Wed, Jul-07-2004, 02:23:30 PM
Read thru this forum and you'll end up spending a small fortune. But, your car will look good. Good luck......

CELICA414
Fri, Jul-09-2004, 02:28:48 AM
If not Zaino, which I now love (and they ship quickly) how about zymol

M34U2NV
Fri, Jul-09-2004, 03:47:26 AM
Zymol or P21S, or if you got a harley dealer nearby, S100.

-Frank

Quacker
Wed, Jul-14-2004, 03:52:34 AM
Klasse AIO + Sealant glaze. 30 bucks for the 2, and you'll never need anything else to protect your car, and 2 bottles will last you several years. If not that, S100 is the best wax for the money out there. And, while I'm a big fan of clean looking cars, I warn you to not get sucked into the car detailing craze. It's costly, and if you're like me, you'll just think they all work equally well. If I could start all over, I would just get some nice microfibers and the Klasse twins, along with a nice shampoo, and be done with it. Clay it if you must once a year. Maybe a nice glaze for when the car needs to look extra nice for a night.

acitydweller
Tue, Aug-17-2004, 03:46:26 PM
spend one good weekend detailing the car on a sunny day (not under direct sunlight) and your car will thank you :)