Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Gainesville FL anyone? must be some M3 gators.

Wicked_M3
Mon, Jul-05-2004, 07:21:08 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to know how many m3 owners there are on here in the gainesville area? I just got my 97 a few months ago and would like to see if there is a small group of bmw or ///M enthusiasts who meet or would like to meet once a month or so. I used to work at a bar, so I could easily get us "employee" prices on already low-priced drinks. :beer:

Also, I'm going to need to get an oil change in the next month. Can anyone recommend someone to go to (aside from all-pro imports or a place charging almost $100 for it). Anyone have that reset tool around here and wanna make some cash if i supply the oil/filter etc?

Thanks for any info/replies,
Ben
(UF alumni)

M34U2NV
Mon, Jul-05-2004, 07:47:44 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to know how many m3 owners there are on here in the gainesville area? I just got my 97 a few months ago and would like to see if there is a small group of bmw or ///M enthusiasts who meet or would like to meet once a month or so. I used to work at a bar, so I could easily get us "employee" prices on already low-priced drinks. :beer:

Also, I'm going to need to get an oil change in the next month. Can anyone recommend someone to go to (aside from all-pro imports or a place charging almost $100 for it). Anyone have that reset tool around here and wanna make some cash if i supply the oil/filter etc?

Thanks for any info/replies,
Ben
(UF alumni)

There will probably be a few cars coming down to our meet on August 7th. . .you might wanna take a cruise down also.

-Frank

hal9000
Tue, Jul-13-2004, 05:17:28 AM
Hey Ben,

If you're on good terms with All Pro. I usually just get Judy to let me use the reset tool. As for the oil change, hit Wal-mart and pick up the big oil pan and a set of jackstands/jack and you can DIY it. I'm on BimmerForums generally, so if you need more info/help, PM or e-mail me.

Wicked_M3
Wed, Jul-14-2004, 07:10:56 PM
thank hal, i just got it done by continental imports on main street. they did a good job, checked over everything, reset the indicator and even stamped the book. was about $90. not too bad considering some prices ive seen people post on here. i figure oil/filter would be close to $40, and they are pros so theres no 2nd guessing or need to dispose of oil.

are you local to gainesville? know of any bmw or M3 clubs/gatherings?