Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Leatherique Instructions-Sticky please!!!

FlyinM3
Fri, Jun-25-2004, 12:52:48 AM
Got this off the Mercedes forums....might want to pin this for others!!!

Here is what I reccommend to use leatherique. Buy Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Pristine clean, i suggest getting 32oz of each from www.leatherique.com This is by far the best leather product i have ever used, really cleans the leather very well, and makes the leather buttery soft. here is how i apply it.

1)Vaccuum loose dirt off leather
2)Put the Pristine clean in a clean spray bottle.
2)Massage 3-4 ounces of the rejuvenator oil onto the seats with your hands really working it in, i like to recline the front seats a little bit so the oil will soak into the back rests. Try and get every part of the seat, especially the seams. I like to do it when it is at least 65 degrees out. If it is colder out run the seat heaters but just make sure the sun isnt directly on the leather.
3)Let the rejuvenator oil sit on the seats for a full 24 hours for best results, minimum 8 hours. You cannot drive it during this time.
4)After the RO(rejuvenator oil) has sat on the leather for that amount of time, you should see a lot of dirt that has lifted to the surface and it will feel tacky. Spray the Pristine clean onto the leather (about 1-2 oz) and wipe off with a cotton terry cloth towel. Try and get every part of the seat. Do this to all the seats u did with the RO.
5) Now I like to take a damp (with water) new towel and wipe all the seats down again.
6) Buff the seats with a microfiber towel, and you are done.

FlyinM3
Fri, Jun-25-2004, 12:53:45 AM
Here's link that also shows the discussion and pics for before/after:

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19805

CosmosNight
Fri, Jun-25-2004, 10:36:26 PM
Thanks man this will help i just ordered that stuff should be coming soon.

FlyinM3
Mon, Jun-28-2004, 06:37:06 AM
well i used leatherique this weekend according to instructions....the leather still feels kinda sticky after thorough conditioning and cleaning....is this normal?
will it go away with time?

00poop6x
Wed, Jun-30-2004, 09:17:18 AM
I know what you mean, the first time I took my bottom portion of my rear seats out to do this under a heat lamp for 8 hours. I did what you did and it still felt greasy. I've experimented with this stuff for a while on numerous things. And I finally got it right!

I finally put the RO in the spray bottle and sprayed evenly everywhere and checked back in 2 hours to reapply where it has absorbed. Not sure if i want to apply it with my hands....???.... Left it in the car for 2 whole days cause i was lazy. Then I saw a BIG difference, the shiny stuff was brown on top!! It IS like as if the dirt was "lifted"....i didn't see that before....After that I used PC on a cloth and wiped away at the seat, reapplying the cloth with PC(putting the terry cloth at the end of the bottle and tipping it over covering the spout with the cloth) and kept doing that until it's not shiny anymore but still greasy. Then I take a damp cloth(water damp) and thoroughly wiped the leather. Then like you said, used a dry microfiber towel. I want to drive in my rear seats now, it works! Now to do my front seats.....

*EDIT* First time I only waited for 3 hours, and it really didn't work and I was disappointed that it didn't work. I still didn't believe I did it right so I tried it at 8 hours, cleaned but didnt feel soft or look healthier as much as pics online. Then I waited for 2 whole days, haha! Yeah! It works. I need this stuff in gallons....this 32oz won't last me worth crap....PC goes out like windex in a greenhouse.

FlyinM3
Wed, Jun-30-2004, 07:39:43 PM
yep, i'm actually happy now after a couple days.....even with final dry microfiber towel wipe-downs the seats still kinda felt greasy at the time, but now it seems to be all gone and the leather is nice plush and soft.....this stuff rocks!!!