Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Tire wax

Hyolee
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 06:32:02 PM
what's the best kind

M34U2NV
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 07:29:38 PM
I didn't know such a thing existed. . ."wax" for your tires??
Wouldn't wax make em look terrible, like white and dry lookin?

-Frank

BaDm0theR
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 07:33:31 PM
Hehe, never heard of a 'tire wax' before...perhaps its a cutting edge detailing product i have yet to hear about. :D

Perhaps your talking about tire dressing (that makes the tires glossy and wet looking)? :???:

There are however 'wheel' waxes that you can put on rims...however, carnauba (wax produced from natural derivatives) will not add any sort of significant protection on the wheels. The rims/wheels are continuously engulfed in tremendous heat (primarily from the brakes) and will quickly dissipate any carnauba wax that has been applied.

The most efficient way to protect your rims is with a synthetic sealant that offers significantly more durability than typical 'waxes.'

As mentioned in a previous thread, a product like Klasse AIO (all in one) lays forth a layer of acrylic protection (which is a sythetic durable material) while at the same time cleaning & polishing the rim itself.

Hope this helps Art, ;)

Hyolee
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 11:44:04 PM
ahhhh, that's what i meant.

thx mike.

Antwerp
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 12:40:05 AM
Ass Wax!!!

M34U2NV
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 01:00:22 AM
Hyolee, this stuff 303 I've been using it FOREVER dude, very flat dull finish, not that greasy look that comes out uneven. . .if your after the very clean look, give 303 Protectant a shot, here is the link(mike I know you've seen this stuff or used it yourself):

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

Ignore this if you meant wheel wax, I was still a little uncertain.

Edit: whoa, just looked at the site, they'll hook you up with a free sample!

-Frank

Sirius
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 01:06:46 AM
I want perm shine on my tires... what if I were to clear coat the sidewalls?

BaDm0theR
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 01:16:52 AM
Props to Frank, 303 has fantastic line of products. I've read up on 303 quite a bit, and i look forward to giving it a try in the near future myself.

I gotta wait until i use up my current stock of detailing supplies, ...it seems that im always buying and experimenting with products that can potentially deliver even higher caliber results, but i buy new stuff before i even use up my old supplies! :D

Oh yea...and im LOVIN the free samples offer too, woohoo :D