Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Reddish / Purple Hue Dashboard

blkcollarworker
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 06:53:04 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a 04 M3 with black complete black interior trim, Lately while driving, I been noticing that the black dashboard has a slight purple / reddish hue to it. It not as rich matte black as the black interior on the door. The door seems like its made from the same material but is a nice rich black. Have anyone experience this problem? If so do you know how to fix it? It drives me insane!.

Thanks!

Hyolee
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 06:57:25 AM
hey hey! i dont have this problem with my dash.

but i'm wondering if you put on the LM's yet!!!!!!!

blkcollarworker
Fri, Jun-18-2004, 03:40:09 PM
hey hey! i dont have this problem with my dash.

but i'm wondering if you put on the LM's yet!!!!!!!

Hahaha, What do you use to clean your dashboard? Maybe it cuase I used the Armor All Wipes a couple of times?

I havent put on the rims yet though. Waiting for some money so I can get tires, I did get the Tein Coilovers and EDFC installed. As soon as I get the rims on im posting pics here. Thanks!

BaDm0theR
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 01:06:38 AM
Pics would be very helpful in this situation. I cannot think of why you are getting this kind of discoloration (in addition, i dont know the severity of the issue either.)

Is it possible you used/spilled a fatty/oily substance on your dash? This can very well be the underlying reason for the hue. Also, although Aromoral wipes are 'OK' (and i use this word cautiously with Armoral protectant)...the wipes could have also played a factor in the discoloration.

A product similar to 303 Aerospace cleaner may do the trick in resolving the dis-coloration too.

Check out more info here: http://properautocare.com/303aerclean.html

blkcollarworker
Sat, Jun-19-2004, 02:15:30 AM
BaDm0theR,

Thanks for the tips, i'll try to get some pictures to display the effect. I'll give 303 Aerospace Cleaner a try!