Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Dealership/ Buying Advice

damit
Tue, Oct-22-2002, 11:03:58 PM
Hello I have been pondering to get the e46 m3 lately I have fallen in love with the car and have decided to go through with it. I live in NJ the closest dealership around me is Gearhart, the salesman I spoke to was nice and was willing to get me the e46 m3 by may. Thatís when I wanted it, he asked for a $1000 deposit which I am confused about, Usually the deposit left at dealers should be $500, I donít mind paying the $1000 but I am wondering if this is the right amount and if getting the car for MSRP is good as well, maybe I should try to negotiate the price, but if its not common among these cars I donít want to waste my time. As well if it would be a good idea to try haggling on the price of the dealer accessories such as the garage opener and the alarm. I as well went to Paul Miller on RT 23N and their deposit was $1500 non-refundable. I plan to go through with the whole process but please inform me which place I should do my business with, and which dealership has the superior quality of service.

P.S
The Gearhart salesman was willing to drop about 10% on the accessories, but with the C32AMG my brother bought from Globe, nearby dealership he got the accessories for free, and his deposit was $500.

Thank You,
;)

graigcone
Wed, Oct-23-2002, 12:29:48 AM
There isn't much room for negotiation but I worked one dealer against the other a little and placed my order a few weeks ago. I got them to include floormats and the tranceiver (garage door opener) for MSRP. Neither would move any more so I left it up to who could get me the best lease rate. They topped each other a few times and it ended up saving me much more than the options they threw in.

My deposit was $500.

Keep in mind that I live in Iowa so there is less demand here but there is also a smaller supply.

Good luck

darby
Sat, Nov-16-2002, 02:58:16 AM
that sound about right, i talked to a dealer about getting a new m3 and they wanted a 1000$ deposit but they had a year long wait and i don't want to wait

ESP
Thu, Dec-12-2002, 12:04:09 PM
man, sorry I saw this so late...

well for you, or anyone still working on getting a new M3 check out this site:

http://members.roadfly.com/loki/e46m3_faq.html