Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Need some help with detailing waxing.

Kerplunk
Sat, Jun-12-2004, 05:42:16 AM
Well i get my M3 nice and clean as clean as can be.

However my mothers 3.25 is another story. She is looking to sell it and we need to get it looking good again.

The rims are caked with grime. This is disgusting grime that just won't come off. I'm using Meguirs rim cleaner. I have tried aggressive agitation with a brush/towe and water pressure. It isn't coming off not without 30 minutes of scurbbing on each tiny section of the rim. Are there any stronger products ?

I'm trying to get the paint smoooth. But the Meguiars Scratch X i used and the buffer just doesn't to be enough. Over 30 minutes of buffing the hood and its still rough like sand paper. Any thing for this ?

1 last thing. My mothers other car a 5.25. The paint has dulled pretty bad. I applied polish,wax after surface prep with meguiars scratch x and there is barely any difference. Do you guys know of a product that can put some life back into the paint ?

Thanks,

mike

Beowoulf
Sat, Jun-12-2004, 07:52:54 AM
As far as the wheels are concerned you can try P21S wheel cleaner but I think it will just take a lot of elbow grease to get all that stuff off. For the paint try some Meguiars DACP (Dual action cleaner polish). You have to use a random orbital polisher then a good wax job. I suggest you read up on it before using it. Try www.autopia.org for more info.