Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Splitting "Pacific" into "Cal" and "Northwest"

daihard
Wed, May-26-2004, 02:46:08 PM
There's a discussion about this in the Pacific forum. I personally agree that splitting it into two forums; California and (Pacific) Northwest, would be a good idea. The only commonality between the two regions is that they are both on/near the West Coast. We hardly ever see any cross-regional events, either.

We would appreciate your consideration.

Hyolee
Wed, May-26-2004, 03:59:06 PM
there is a term called "opening the floodgates."

if the admin does this in the Pacific forum, who's to say the other regional forums won't follow suit? in the end, it'll be burdensome work for the admin/mods not to mention a huge influx of many new sections with little to no participation.

this idea should be struck down.

DaBean
Wed, May-26-2004, 06:02:41 PM
I vote in FAVOR of splitting ;)

Hyolee
Wed, May-26-2004, 06:05:56 PM
you mean, splitting them legs in your sig. oh yea.... drool

daihard
Wed, May-26-2004, 06:33:45 PM
you mean, splitting them legs in your sig. oh yea.... drool
That'd get an unanimous YES. ;)

On a bit more serious note, I believe both PNW and Cal regions get enough regional posts to justify the split. Besides, hardly any messages are intended for both regions (and naturally so). The problem with the current setup is that it's hard to distinguish posts meant for the Cal members from those for the PNW region. We could get around it by asking the members to include a region-specific label ("PNW," "Cal," etc) in their subject line, but I don't think it's going to be a feasible solution.

As for Arthur's concern, I personally don't think this one move will cause a chain reaction on other regional forums. Even if it does, I don't see any problem re-arranging regional forums according to the members' needs.

All that assumes the admins agree to our request. :D

Hyolee
Wed, May-26-2004, 07:41:10 PM
let's say we do sub out the Pacific forum. after awhile, i can guarantee you among the California section, members will want dissemination into NorCal and SoCal.

after that, LA area, SD area.

see the chain reaction?

daihard
Wed, May-26-2004, 07:48:07 PM
let's say we do sub out the Pacific forum. after awhile, i can guarantee you among the California section, members will want dissemination into NorCal and SoCal.

after that, LA area, SD area.

see the chain reaction?
Quite honestly, I personally don't see any issue with that either as long as (1) there's still enough traffic in those separated forums, and (2) the admins are fine with it. I don't see that chain reaction happening to the PNW region, though. Pretty much everything is centred around the Seattle area (no offence to those Oregonians and Vancouverites).

Hyolee
Wed, May-26-2004, 07:59:44 PM
don't forget that the Northeast section may want to split up too. i'm sure NY and NJ would want to be segregated from the rest.

or how about the Southeast? how many ways can you dissect that section?

then Canada will want their own section. and Puerto Rico? i'm surprised the International section hasn't complained. i know Taiwan wants nothing to do with China. or Japan with Korea. or Philippines with Thailand.

daihard
Wed, May-26-2004, 08:30:53 PM
don't forget that the Northeast section may want to split up too. i'm sure NY and NJ would want to be segregated from the rest.

or how about the Southeast? how many ways can you dissect that section?

then Canada will want their own section. and Puerto Rico? i'm surprised the International section hasn't complained. i know Taiwan wants nothing to do with China. or Japan with Korea. or Philippines with Thailand.
Why are you asking me all those questions? No voice has been raised from those other forums you mentioned except for Canada. ;)

Hyolee
Wed, May-26-2004, 08:55:53 PM
dai,

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/yodaism.jpg

MattMan
Thu, May-27-2004, 04:27:27 AM
Splitting makes sense..

daihard
Thu, May-27-2004, 04:49:17 AM
Splitting makes sense..
Go, MattMan, go! :thumbsup:

Hyolee
Thu, May-27-2004, 05:18:24 AM
boooooooooooooooooo

pasta
Thu, May-27-2004, 05:29:02 AM
Hellllll no! If Canada doesn't get their own section, then I vote no!

All we Canadians want is one section with maybe 2 subsections (East/West). That's just my idea, but I know the other Canadians just want a section.

qqbennyqq
Thu, May-27-2004, 05:30:21 AM
i know Taiwan wants nothing to do with China. or Japan with Korea. or Philippines with Thailand.
haha thats funny, Taiwan wants nothin to do with China, so true, :smash:

daihard
Thu, May-27-2004, 05:37:55 AM
All we Canadians want is one section with maybe 2 subsections (East/West). That's just my idea, but I know the other Canadians just want a section.
It may be a better idea to integrate the Western Canada section with the PNW section. After all, PNW includes B.C. along with Washington, Idaho and Oregon.

Hyolee
Thu, May-27-2004, 06:17:27 AM
can't you all see that change is not good?

M3 4 SPEED
Thu, May-27-2004, 11:48:47 AM
well i think that is a good idea....and for us East Coast guys they should just make a section for Club 333+ Members lmao

daihard
Thu, May-27-2004, 02:35:01 PM
can't you all see that change is not good?
You sound like a Republican. :D :D

Beowoulf
Thu, May-27-2004, 03:40:30 PM
This argument is academic. Frank is MIA, and since he is the only one that can do it, try not to get your panties in a bunch for now. :D

daihard
Thu, May-27-2004, 04:30:09 PM
This argument is academic. Frank is MIA, and since he is the only one that can do it, try not to get your panties in a bunch for now. :D
Him being MIA may not be a huge issue now, but does anyone know why he isn't around?

pasta
Thu, May-27-2004, 11:03:08 PM
It may be a better idea to integrate the Western Canada section with the PNW section. After all, PNW includes B.C. along with Washington, Idaho and Oregon.

Yes that is true, but an overall Canada section would just be more effective. And we could have links to each part of the other country stickied in appropiate sections within Canada.

That was confusing, but just read over a few hundred times, you'll get it! :D

Sirius
Fri, May-28-2004, 12:46:26 AM
Why not split them into a bunch of more area specfic sections?

Grimm333
Fri, May-28-2004, 01:54:07 AM
Cali is big enough itself that i think it would be better to split it up. i mean the cal members equate to more then a few regions....

Z rated
Tue, Jun-01-2004, 08:22:26 AM
WHERE THE HELL IS MY CANADA SECtION! everyone must shut the **** up they must, until we get a canada section, and then after that split up pacific, and delete the other sections cause no one cares about the central states. :D there i said it, no one cares about the damn praries!!!! this isnt kansas any more u ****in mop on 4 legs, so hop in my frying pan so i can cook up some toto sticks and post pics in the CANADA SECTION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH