Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : convertible top protector

Z rated
Tue, May-25-2004, 02:34:12 AM
anyone know of a good PROTECTOR vs cleaner? ive got the bottle of cleaner from the bmw parts department.

blitzbm3w
Sun, May-30-2004, 03:21:10 AM
I have an 01 that over time seem to shed less water. I asked the dealer and they were of little help. I use 303 aero protectant on the interior and found that they make a canvas top protectant. I used it and it's GREAT! Water now beads and falls off. For cleaning I use what I wash the car with. After It's dry I use a lint brush to clean up the white fibers.

Z rated
Sun, May-30-2004, 10:23:35 AM
sweet, thanks ill look for that stuff.
Rep points for you :D

BaDm0theR
Mon, May-31-2004, 04:35:03 AM
Z rated: Ive heard great things on the Raggtop convertible care system through the detailcity forums. I too will be purchasing it and testing it out on some of my client cars in the near future.

http://www.premiumautocare.com/raggtopp.html

Goodluck.

Z rated
Mon, May-31-2004, 06:37:38 AM
Thanks BaD but this place doesnt deliver to Canada, u lucky sob, you can probably drive out to wherever they're located.

SpecialK
Tue, Jun-08-2004, 03:19:41 AM
http://www.properautocare.com/vinyl---convertible.html
Try this: anyone know of a good PROTECTOR vs cleaner? ive got the bottle of cleaner from the bmw parts department.

Z rated
Sun, Jun-13-2004, 08:47:00 AM
thanks specialk, what do they do with the regular k anyways? lol

SpecialK
Mon, Jul-12-2004, 03:48:15 PM
They get to ride on the regular buses.

jetblackm3smg
Tue, Oct-11-2005, 12:23:28 AM
For future referance you can come on down and get it locally at the shop. http://www.downtownautospa.com

The RaggTopp system is great and uses a two part cleaner and protectant. The cleaner works on both vinyl and fabric and the protectants are different.

Make sure the surface is fully dry and put on at least 3 coats of the protectant on a fabric top. Then when washing make sure the top beads water.

If anyone has any questions I would be more then happy to answer them.

sfhondapilot
Tue, Oct-11-2005, 06:04:41 PM
I'll vouch for the RaggTopp stuff, it's great.

deilenberger
Thu, Oct-13-2005, 05:22:47 PM
anyone know of a good PROTECTOR vs cleaner? ive got the bottle of cleaner from the bmw parts department.
BMW - at least in the US (I suspect elsewhere since the instructions are in 4-5 different languages) offers a Carbrio Car Kit for about $40/USD. It contains cleaner, rear-window-polish, wash soap and a top-sealer-protector.

When I got my M3 in December - the top had apparently never been treated. I cleaned/treated it with the kit - and it is holding up well. The first treatment did take 3 applications - but water beads up and rolls off. I've "renewed" it - with single applications about every 3 months.

The sealer is a water based penetrating wax like product. You can put it on a damp top (actually recommended) with a sponge. Easy to do and quick to do after washing the car.

HTH,

LightngSVT
Fri, Oct-21-2005, 03:07:32 PM
I've heard great theings about Raggtop also. I ordered the kit and it should be here Monday. My top doesnt seem to bead water anymore after 33k miles so Im hoping the Raggtopp is as good as everyone says. How hard is it to get of glass, trim and paint (overspray)?

AudiOn19s
Fri, Oct-21-2005, 06:19:18 PM
Chuck. If it's anything like the 303 fabric guard mask things off quite well. first time I used the fabric guard it was a bit windy and i spent more time cleaning stuff up off of the glass and trim than I did on the rest of the car!!!