Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : another meguiars NXT review

M320Psi
Sat, May-22-2004, 06:33:42 PM
I attended Hot Import Nights Orlando FL where I won 1st place hottest DTM. In addition to the trophy, I was given a small box of Meguiar's NXT products. I was a bit skeptical about using these products because I was used to my HIGH priced ZAINO polish/soap etc. I decided to give Meguiar's NXT a chance today. I started by using the NXT soap and was EXTERMELY impressed. A little bit of soap goes a long way and the amount of suds in the soap enabled me to wash my car very quickly.

Wow, I thought to myself; I should really try the NXT quick wax. I gave it a try and was FLOORED about how easy it was applied, how quickly it hazed over, and most importantly how easy it wiped off. But better than that, The shine and wax coat on the car was UBELIEVABLE. Much better than my expensive multi step products that take 10x as long!

YOU HAVE TO TRY it!

and NO..i'm not sponsored by meguiars.. LOL

BMWGuy206
Sat, May-22-2004, 07:49:03 PM
Nice short review!

Sirius
Sat, May-22-2004, 07:51:43 PM
Intresting... Ill have to try that.

STALKER
Sat, May-22-2004, 07:53:17 PM
so it gave a better shine than Zaino? I wonder which protects better and lasts longer.

Jeff@Fusion
Sat, May-22-2004, 08:00:27 PM
hey Mike..ship that over,let me use them a little bit...i just spent 30 bucks on some wax.. :cry: :cry:

M320Psi
Sat, May-22-2004, 08:33:15 PM
so it gave a better shine than Zaino? I wonder which protects better and lasts longer.

Yes!!! it did give a much better shine than Zaino if you can believe it. I'll let you know how it stands up to weather and time. I found myself adding layers of Zaino all the time because i'd get bad water spots after almost every wash. I still cant get over how easy and great this product is.

I looked it up online and the quick spray wax sells for 7.99 .

Definitely give it a try

M320Psi
Sat, May-22-2004, 08:35:04 PM
hey Mike..ship that over,let me use them a little bit...i just spent 30 bucks on some wax.. :cry: :cry:

Hey Jeff,

hopefully I'll win again at HIN miami and they'll give me another box. I'll mail that one to you ;) :peace:

HRE_///M3
Sat, May-22-2004, 09:13:00 PM
I'm a detailing wh0re. I bought the entire NXT line...haven't opened any of the nozzles. Then having bought it, I went on Proper Auto-Care ( www.properautocare.com ), bought the entire BlackFire line and the Porter 7428. Damn I should have tried the NXT frist before blowing 500 bucks total on like 9 different brands of products. DAMN!

M320Psi
Sat, May-22-2004, 09:46:14 PM
I'm a detailing wh0re. I bought the entire NXT line...haven't opened any of the nozzles. Then having bought it, I went on Proper Auto-Care ( www.properautocare.com ), bought the entire BlackFire line and the Porter 7428. Damn I should have tried the NXT frist before blowing 500 bucks total on like 9 different brands of products. DAMN!

I've used that porter 7428 to apply my zaino before. It works REALLY well, you're gonna like it. But really..... try the NXT quick wax before you go through all of that hard work. It will take you 20 min MAX to wax your car with AMAZING results

STALKER
Sat, May-22-2004, 10:42:37 PM
Are you using the quick time one, that you just spray on, wet or dry, or the normal NXT wax. Also, did you put it on wet or dry.

DaBean
Sat, May-22-2004, 10:48:49 PM
Maybe the $500 is a little better, but it's prolly not worth the time and difference in price... - I'll have to try the NXT as well!!

scuzy
Sat, May-22-2004, 11:33:05 PM
meguiars site has the product on special in a package for 39.99 free shipping

Grimm333
Sun, May-23-2004, 06:48:05 PM
hmm i definately got to try it :D

M34Speed
Tue, May-25-2004, 01:18:29 AM
I just did my first Zaino and really thought it was a pain in the a**. If it takes this long to wax the car I will never have time to drive it.

Turbologist
Wed, May-26-2004, 04:12:13 PM
I've used that porter 7428 to apply my zaino before. It works REALLY well, you're gonna like it. But really..... try the NXT quick wax before you go through all of that hard work. It will take you 20 min MAX to wax your car with AMAZING results

Are you using the quick wax (the spray bottle) as your only wax application on your car? :???:

STALKER
Wed, May-26-2004, 09:54:07 PM
I was curious of that too, or should you use the normal stuff not the quick spray appplication.

BMWGuy206
Tue, Jun-08-2004, 08:21:05 AM
Hey guys.. I just got the NXT and was wondering if you can use it on a Porter Cable? I will use the softest pad but the instructions on it doesnt mention anything about using an orbital etc.

BaDm0theR
Tue, Jun-08-2004, 04:06:12 PM
Jon (BMWguy): Yes you can indeed apply Meg's NXT with a PC orbital. Your best route would be using a soft finishing pad (with no abrasive qualities) on a lower speed setting of roughly 2-3. A little product goes a long way too btw :peace:

Once your finished aplying the NXT on a certian panel with your orbital, break out your micro-fibers and wipe off...your done. :D

Goodluck.