Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Ninja K
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 06:39:45 PM
Hey,

Now the sun is shining bright I want avoid dirt and smudgies on the inside of the windscreen.

Any tips, hints and cheat codes are appreciated as to how to have a spotless finish on the inside of the windscreen.

M34U2NV
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 07:59:48 PM
Hey,

Now the sun is shining bright I want avoid dirt and smudgies on the inside of the windscreen.

Any tips, hints and cheat codes are appreciated as to how to have a spotless finish on the inside of the windscreen.

A couple tips I've learned:

Clean the outside of the windshield and the inside of the windsheild in different motions, ie the outside in horizontal strokes, and the inside in vertical strokes; this'll help you determine whether the streaks/smudges are on the inside or outside quicker.

As far as streaks and smudges go, use Invisible Glass, by Stoner. Apply/clean your windshield with a paper towel or terry cloth. Once clean and dry, wipe the streaks off with a diaper cloth, in a circular motion. I think that should do the trick.

-Frank

BaDm0theR
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 08:07:10 PM
Great advice Frank!

:D

M34U2NV
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 08:09:28 PM
hahah, I'm a lil obsessive compulsive about my windshield :eek2: :eek2:
I hate when there is a streak, so I feel other people's pain.

-Frank

Ninja K
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 09:33:03 PM
hahah, I'm a lil obsessive compulsive about my windshield :eek2: :eek2:
I hate when there is a streak, so I feel other people's pain.

-Frank
Thanks Frank, I'll have to give it a blast tommorow (it's 10pm here now).

:thumb:

Sirius
Thu, Apr-29-2004, 10:48:11 PM
Things I have learned at work: Use either newspaper, or a very heavy, durable paper towel. Don't use too much cleaner, as it just spreads the dirt everywhere.

After you're done cleaning the glass with the cleaner, take a dry paper towell/news paper and go over it again, to pick up anything you may have missed. This works great for me and I always get crystal clear glass from it.