Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Leatherique sounds like the treatment to use, but does it take away the "new car ...

squider
Sat, Apr-24-2004, 04:39:15 PM
Hey everyone,

New to this site, due to pick up my new Titanium Silver M3 in about 4 weeks. Was wondering something...would like to treat interior leather right from day one. Leatherique sounds like the treatment to use from reading the posts, but was wondering if using this product diminishes the ever so sweet "new car smell" of BMW's. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sirius
Sat, Apr-24-2004, 07:18:35 PM
BMW didn't use a special scent when they produced the M3s. One, its the leather, and then stuff called VOC's I believe. (Volatile Organic Compunds). Ie, glues used on the insides that helps contribtue to the new car smell. I would think that any leather cleaner/protectant would mask the new car scent though.

SpecialK
Sun, May-02-2004, 11:12:37 PM
I use Leatherique on a continuing basis. Keeps it clean and fresh inside. I highly recommend it. There are also a host of those 10lb brain guys working on a way to get rid of the new car smell and not just at BMW.

Turbologist
Thu, May-13-2004, 02:05:05 PM
Leatherique is an excellent product....I use it and there still is a very pleasant leahther smell...

Cant remember if its a 'new car smell' or not but its nice...