Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : New M3 - How to detail it from day 1

m3matt
Sat, Apr-17-2004, 04:45:05 AM
Hey all.. my car should be here within the next 3 weeks and I was just wondering if anyone of you could recommend products/methods of maintaining it. A few people suggested asking the dealer not to detail the car and just taking it home and doing it myself. I'd like to do this right from the start to keep the car looking as good as possible from the day I bring it home. So far I've read a lot about Zaino and Griot's, any preference? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

(My car is silver grey if it makes a difference)

thanks.

-Matt

Sirius
Sat, Apr-17-2004, 05:02:13 AM
Zymol is a good wax. In fact, I am going to use it tomorrow heh. Just remember to wax when the car is cool to the touch. :)

dksu
Sat, Apr-17-2004, 07:53:50 AM
i've tried zaino, zymol, etc and pretty much everything but IMO, the most reflective wax is the Meg's Gold class. It won't last long as zaino but it sure does shine :tongue:

Z rated
Sat, Apr-17-2004, 09:46:33 AM
u can ask the dealership not to wax it like u mentioned, this way you wont need to spend the hours you would clay barring your car. I found clay bar the worst part of using zaino, it was such a hassle, but it was all pretty enjoyable overall, i just enjoy making my m look sexy. Zaino it as soon as you get it home.

Cyg
Sat, Apr-17-2004, 02:38:54 PM
Be sure to tell the dealer not to wash your car when when you take it in to get serviced or otherwise.