Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Best wax?

hsmith
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 12:23:58 PM
What is the best wax? P21s or Zymol, etc.?

NY KID
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 12:43:42 PM
I use Griots garage products. I use the claybar, fine hand polish, carnuba, and best of show wax. I've used these products since I picked up my M. In my eyes these are some of the best products for the car. Zanio is another great polish, but looks better on darker car in my opinion.

NRG
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 01:07:45 PM
Zaino is pretty good stuff. Easy to apply and ease to maintain. Initial application takes a bit of prep work but what intial application of wax doesnt.

cbformula
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 03:57:45 PM
There is no "best" wax. But there are alot of good ones. Ill list a few of the better ones that I have tried and let you decide what you want: Zaino, Pinnacle Souveran, Klasse, P21S, Megs Hi-tech Yellow, Blitz One Grand, and Megs NXT. The NXT is a brand new product that came out early Feb this year. Its having alot of positive ravs from the public and it seems to be doing very well. You can get it now in most auto stores.

Lightfoot
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 04:00:00 PM
I have always used McGuiars's 3-step wax. Sometimes I use their rubbing compound prior to waxing to get out marks from bird droppings, scuffs, etc.

Turbologist
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:43:51 PM
I just bought the NXT wax...Im gonna give it a shot this weekend and let everyone know how it turns out....

I was initially going to do the Zaino thing but decided otherwise b/c of the inconvenience of ordering via internet and the many involved steps...We'll see if my laziness pays off..

BaDm0theR
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:48:37 PM
There is no "best" wax. But there are alot of good ones. Ill list a few of the better ones that I have tried and let you decide what you want: Zaino, Pinnacle Souveran, Klasse, P21S, Megs Hi-tech Yellow, Blitz One Grand, and Megs NXT. The NXT is a brand new product that came out early Feb this year. Its having alot of positive ravs from the public and it seems to be doing very well. You can get it now in most auto stores.

Very well said. There are synthetic and non-synthetic waxes/sealants, and so many different formulas used by various companies that i don't beleive its accurate or fair to single out a single brand as the "best."

All of the waxes/sealants mentioned above are the best in the industry though. Personally i have been using Meguiars for my small business, and have been consistantly impressed with the results. However, ive extensively researched P21S, Zaino, Zymol and a few others...and the all have they're own distinct and positive characteristics within them. I recomend you try out 2-3 different types of waxes (b/c also the method of application does vary) and find out for yourself which one suits your needs the best.

Goodluck.

DaveM3Blue
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 08:00:01 PM
Zanio is the easiest and best results.

Vyper340
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 10:04:33 PM
Zaino gets my vote for best reflection and longevity

mysticblu
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 10:09:49 PM
McGuiar's is a ***** to put on all those steps. I have a bad back so it's near impossible. I plan on getting some zaino because I've heard it's easy to apply and it gives that genuine 'wet look.'

bigbanana
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 10:21:45 PM
I must agree with NY Kid. Griots Garage products work really well. :thumbsup:
www,griotsgarage.com

Beowoulf
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 11:05:38 PM
Synthetic Polymer: Zaino for light cars. Blackfire or Klasse for dark cars.

Carnauba Wax: S100. Best bang for the buck. It is the same as P21S but less than $20 at your local Harley dealer.

chitownMpower
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 12:28:24 AM
I totally agree about S100. I love it, because it doesn't leave any white impossible to take off white spots on black rubber and plastic parts. I got one for $15 at Harley-Davidson Store

jtrichel
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 01:00:36 AM
Zaino gets my vote...hands down

lixer
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 06:01:21 AM
Thumbs up :thumbsup: for Zaino!!!!