Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Just tried Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash *WOW*

racingheart
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:38:20 AM
I just washed my car using Mr. clean autodry and I must say the result is very impressive. Although, it doesn't 100% automatically dry the car, maybe this my first time using it and perhaps I didn't follow the instruction thoroughly, but it dries like 80% of the car. This is a very good result in my opinion because it saves me a lot time. Also, I'm not sure what kind of chemical in their soap, but this stuff makes my car 2-3x shinier than the zymol soap that I'm using. Overall, I'm highly recommended and this is a heaven product for black car owner.

I don't have a camera so I borrowed this cheap sh*t 2 meg to take the pix of my car at night. This camera doesn't do justice for shiny of the car, but this is all I got. You won't see much, but just focus on the reflection of my car.

Hyolee
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:41:30 AM
shinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

more pics please

Jeff@Fusion
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:47:40 AM
what size is your rims?
but look pimp $$$$ :thumbsup:

jkaye
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 08:23:21 AM
hot rims. I found the mr. clean takes just as much time as drying the car. Takes forever to cover the car with the distilled water. I found it easier to fust dry with a good shammy. But when i use it on my bigger cars, it proves its worth. Especiall y on black paint.

achen
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 08:42:14 AM
racingheart,

How much does it cost you?

I went to Mr. Clean's website and found all information except the price and where to buy it..

M3_Dave
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 09:35:41 AM
hmmm i was really skeptical about this produt but i guess its worth a shot...where to buy?

Turbologist
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 12:23:23 PM
racingheart,

How much does it cost you?

I went to Mr. Clean's website and found all information except the price and where to buy it..

U can buy it at most dept stores, Target, WalMart, etc...I think its like 20 bux....

NRG
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 01:08:49 PM
Got any pics of your car in the light after you used it? I'm still kind of skeptical of trying this product.

icode4food
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 03:13:29 PM
Ive seen it at Target in the car washing section.

sy0296
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 03:42:09 PM
hmmm i was really skeptical about this produt but i guess its worth a shot...where to buy?

MY local Sav On stocks it. Gonna try it soon and will post a second review

L1Trauma
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 04:06:52 PM
I've got it. Used it for weeks. Also on my wife's XC90. It works great. About to go outside and use it today. Then I can finally get some pics in my sig.

racingheart
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 05:45:54 PM
hyolee, sorry this is the only pix that I got.
fucy, rim is 19'
achen, I got my at Target

I don't know about you guys, but for $20, it's well worthed to give it a try especially on black car. I will be starting to use this product from now on. I just love the result.

air-cooledjbj
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:07:29 PM
Are those HRE 840R's?? Damn they're nice!

rcpower
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:09:09 PM
I hear lots of good posts about this Mr. Clean. $20 is worth to try it!

Daft
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:53:23 PM
How many uses does it last before you have to replace the de-ionizer filter?

BaDm0theR
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:58:18 PM
Hmm, i was pretty skeptical when this first came out, but im starting to think that its worth a try.

The one thing you guys gotta remember is that the initial $20 investment seems cheap enough, however, that is not where they make their money. The money is made (and the expenses pile up) through the purchasing and RE-purchasing of their *speacial soap* and *customized filatration system*

So be aware of that,

:thumbsup: :D

STALKER
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 06:59:28 PM
does it strip wax though?

NRG
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 07:39:29 PM
How many uses does it last before you have to replace the de-ionizer filter?

Pending purchase? Make dual purchase 4 me!

M320Psi
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 07:45:29 PM
most people on this forum that have tried the mr. clean carwasher have loved it. It worked horribly on my car. there are 3 settings on the washer: 1. reg. water 2. soap/reg. water 3.deionized water

You have to wet and wash your car with regular water and then rinse it with deionized water. The deionized water comes out soo slow and it would take 30min to rinse off all of the soap and reg water so that you dont get any water spots.

I tried the autoclean system a 2nd time by filling up a bucket with the deionized water. i wet my car with deionized water also. Still didnt work. I managed to have water spots all over.

I've given up on this product. I prefer to wash the car normally and use my 215mph toro leaf blower to dry it.

M320Psi
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 07:48:52 PM
does it strip wax though?

NO..it doesnt strip the wax. I used it with the zaino car wash instead of the mr. clean soap.

L1Trauma
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 08:07:28 PM
most people on this forum that have tried the mr. clean carwasher have loved it. It worked horribly on my car. there are 3 settings on the washer: 1. reg. water 2. soap/reg. water 3.deionized water

You have to wet and wash your car with regular water and then rinse it with deionized water. The deionized water comes out soo slow and it would take 30min to rinse off all of the soap and reg water so that you dont get any water spots.

It doesn't take 30 minutes at all. The leaf blower is a good option also. All car wash soap is pricey..... but the cartridges are where the money's at.

racingheart
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 08:35:33 PM
M320PSI, did you use the soap that comes with the package cause this deionized process only work with their special soap. Also, it only takes me 5-10 minutes for deionized.

For cartridge questions, the sample de-ionizer filter and soap only last for 3 uses. The regular deionzer/soap will last for 10 uses and it costs $5 for each. So for the money, I will be wasting a dollar everytime I wash my car. Well, it's pretty the same money you would spend to buy zaino/zymol soap.

air-cooledjbj, hre 840r

M320Psi
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 10:21:48 PM
M320PSI, did you use the soap that comes with the package cause this deionized process only work with their special soap. Also, it only takes me 5-10 minutes for deionized

air-cooledjbj, hre 840r

good point! I never did try it with their special soap. I guess the mr clean carwash kit is not for me because i use Zaino and am supposed to use their soap??

2004BMWM3
Mon, Mar-01-2004, 10:26:15 PM
damn, looks like I have to go to target and buy one. Looks real good

Daft
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 12:26:40 AM
M320psi, you are using it incorrectly. You're supposed to wet the car with regular water, use their soap to wash, then rinse with regular water THEN after it's been rinsed you use the de-ionized water to rinse off the regular water. I got these instructions at their website www.autodry.com. I don't have it but ooOoOOOOo i want it and can't find it here at CrappyTire arrrggh!

M320Psi
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 01:02:47 AM
M320psi, you are using it incorrectly. You're supposed to wet the car with regular water, use their soap to wash, then rinse with regular water THEN after it's been rinsed you use the de-ionized water to rinse off the regular water. I got these instructions at their website www.autodry.com. I don't have it but ooOoOOOOo i want it and can't find it here at CrappyTire arrrggh!

Daft,

I did follow those directions the first time I used it. It didnt work! Someone has pointed out though that it doesnt work with ANY soap. just the Mr. Clean soap. I polish my car with zaino so i cant really use this products. I'll send you my autodry system for 20.00 COD.. HAHA :beer:

BaDm0theR
Tue, Mar-02-2004, 03:45:14 AM
Daft,

I did follow those directions the first time I used it. It didnt work! Someone has pointed out though that it doesnt work with ANY soap. just the Mr. Clean soap. I polish my car with zaino so i cant really use this products. I'll send you my autodry system for 20.00 COD.. HAHA :beer:

Hehe Mike, trying to recoop the $20 investment via COD! You and your Coral Spring shennanigans!

:thumbsup: :D :beer: