Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Zaino products

dksu
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 03:50:19 AM
I want to try out zaino products and I would greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me what "basic" products I ought to buy for a good waxing. Also where can I purchase zaino products and any tips on using zaino products? thanks.

kash2776
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 04:09:50 AM
I just ordered the ZKIT-1 today from zainostore.com for $85. It includes the following:

ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-5™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7™ Show Car Wash
Z-18™ ClayBar
& TWO Zaino Bros' Custom Polish Applicator for FREE!

I have never used Zaino so I'm hoping its all its cracked up to be. Previously I used P21S products which are good too.

Jack-O-Lantern
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 05:28:25 AM
The Zaino product is outstanding. Just follow the directions that come with the Zkit and you cannot go wrong. This pic below was after I washed the car yesterday. It has about 5 coats of Zaino on it and the last coat was put on over 1 month ago. Its so easy to use and keeps the ride looking sweet. :thumbsup:

Jack

Beowoulf
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 06:09:15 AM
http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17044&highlight=zaino

M3_Dave
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 08:07:56 AM
cant wait till i can zaino again - oh god i hate winter

///Mperor
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 06:47:33 PM
The info on that link from beowoulf mentioned waxing over Zaino.

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere on Zaino's site. Anybody tried this? Results? :???:

Tiago
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 07:10:36 PM
Originally posted by AceHole

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere on Zaino's site. Anybody tried this? Results? :???:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino

Beowoulf
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 07:49:58 PM
Originally posted by AceHole

That is an option for those who want the protection of Zaino and the look of carnuba wax. Looks best on dark cars.

Rhexis
Mon, Feb-09-2004, 11:06:52 PM
here is two coats of zaino with one coat of p21s on top. it really does make it more deep imho.

phatm3
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 12:41:59 AM
Rhexis,
Good Lord man,...That is one schick ride! I might try that carnauba wax on top of Zaino this weekend.

phatm3
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 12:43:23 AM
Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern
The Zaino product is outstanding. Just follow the directions that come with the Zkit and you cannot go wrong. This pic below was after I washed the car yesterday. It has about 5 coats of Zaino on it and the last coat was put on over 1 month ago. Its so easy to use and keeps the ride looking sweet. :thumbsup:

Jack

Hey Jack,
Sweet car, Navy Pilot?

heelsonwheels
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 02:12:18 AM
i know there's alot of Zaino fans out there,BUT.........
seems very tidious/labor intensive
what does this have to offer over and above
traditional good wax/detailing?
does it resist water spotting/staining ie bird sh#t, last longer
i'm not seeing the justification
thanks
joe

dksu
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 04:17:07 AM
how does meguir's gold class compare to zaino. I've used it and it really does make your car shine like a mirror. But the wax does not last long. How long does zaino last after one coat of application.

dimabear
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 04:30:31 AM
i used meguiars and zaino before on my car. the problem is that my car is alpine white so the mirror-like reflectiveness is not as apparent than a darker colored car. for instance, i have a champagne lexus in the garage next to my m3. i can see my m3 in the reflection of the lexus but i can't see the reflection of the lexus in the m3. what i didn't like about zaino was that it's white...my car is white....so when i would apply the material, i really had to look carefully if i was applying wax or if i ran out. also, zaino (z2) is very thin so i felt that i had to apply a lot of it. zaino says that one bottle will wax a corvette 20 times but i disagree in a sense. i zaino'ed my car and after 1 layer, i wasn't that impressed. it was just so so. it wasn't after the 3rd or 4th layer that the car really started to shine and get that rich, deep, color....and about 1/2 of my bottle!! the car isn't that shiny in the garage, but when you get into natural sunlight, it shines like no other. even at nighttime, the lights from the street make the car look brand new (no joke). and on days w/o much sunshine, you can really really see that zaino makes the car look more rich in color. BUT....that was 1/2 of my zaino bottle and a couple hours of my time.....

i used meguiars....crap...gotta go, i'll finish this later.

dksu
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 04:56:32 AM
For instance, when people say they have 3 coats of zaino on, does this mean that all 3 coats of zaino was applied after one car wash or one after the other.

Beowoulf
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 06:36:40 AM
dimabear: You are using way too much. I average about 1oz per coat. You are right it is hard to see but you have to trust your instinct that there is actually material on the car and fight the urge to put on so much it stands out.

I posted a link to a thread that had a very nice guide. I suggest you read it. There are 3 Zaino threads going on right now so I may merge all these threads if people keep asking the same questions on each thread.

dksu
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 07:06:18 AM
What do BMW dealerships use to wax their new cars in showroom. I would love to get my hands on one of those waxes. Once I went to BMW dealership to ask them about this question and the parts department gave me a free bottle of Hendrick autoguard exterior protection with Teflon", I'm not sure if this is what they use in showroom, but I was skeptical to use it on my car. Hendrick Autoguard, anyone heard about this wax?

dimabear
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 08:31:52 AM
ad

dimabear
Tue, Feb-10-2004, 08:32:18 AM
thanks wolf for your input...i'll keep it in mind and try using less next time. now, for my opinion on meguiars.

meguirs is easier to apply than zaino because it's more chalky and dries quicker, thus lessening the time to wait in between the application of your next coat. what i didnt' like about meguaiars was that it's really difficult to remove in certain areas. for instance, it's pretty time consuming to remove the meguiars wax from my sunroof weather strip, side door moldings, and door handles. it's not impossible to remove but they're still on after 4 months!! it's not like i'm aiming for these areas but occasionally, i'll rub a little meguiars on the rubber weatherstrip or side moldings. after that experience, i prefer to use zaino on my car. but, when i just wanted to give a quick wax to my 5 series the other day, i whipped out the meguiars and was done really really quick.