Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : GA M3 Owners

SMOK3
Thu, Sep-04-2003, 05:03:09 PM
Anyone M3 Owners in GA???

:eek:

mcbk1452
Sat, Sep-06-2003, 02:32:32 AM
Unfortunately I'm working in Alabama but come home to ATL on weekends. Although I don't own a E46 M3, does my E36 M3 count?:thumbsup:

SMOK3
Sat, Sep-06-2003, 01:46:04 PM
Originally posted by mcbk1452
Unfortunately I'm working in Alabama but come home to ATL on weekends. Although I don't own a E46 M3, does my E36 M3 count?:thumbsup:

Heck yeah it counts! I live in Augusta right now... I grew up in Atalant until I joined the Army...

Are you heading to NOPI this year? Everyone has been trying to get groups together from different locations on the east coast...

mcbk1452
Sat, Sep-06-2003, 03:40:54 PM
I've been wanting to go to that for 3 months. Then I found out that my girl wants to go see her family in Savannah that weekend. :( So you know that take precedents over every thing !!! Although I would like to like to enter my car into NOPI one of these days. There's something called, HOT IMPORT NIGHTS but not as big as NOPI though. Next big event, IASCA World Finals is Memphis which is not a substitute but still lots of sweet ass cars and sounds.
I wish they would have more events around GA, FL area.
Well I hope you find some other people. I know there's tons of M3 in ATL. One guy with silver M3 is on this forum though, can't remember his id though. Good luck !!

BradATL
Wed, Sep-10-2003, 02:59:55 PM
Will be soon!

SMOK3
Thu, Sep-11-2003, 01:08:06 AM
Originally posted by BradATL
Will be soon!

Hi Brad.... Congrats... post pics as soon as you get it...
Where do you live at n ATL?

BradATL
Thu, Sep-11-2003, 12:46:06 PM
Wheel1, I'm right smack in the middle of the city -- live in Virginia-Highlands neighborhood and work in Midtown. My "commute" is a whopping 2 miles! Not even enough to get the M3 warmed up. Thought about getting SMG to make city driving easier but I guess I'm just too old-school. Fortunately we've got Road Atlanta nearby, so I'll be able to put the M3 through its paces up there.

Don't worry -- I will post tons of photos when I get the car. I'm doing Perf Ctr Delivery in Greenville/Spartanburg. Can't freakin' wait!!!

SMOK3
Fri, Sep-12-2003, 11:45:01 AM
Wheel1, I'm right smack in the middle of the city -- live in Virginia-Highlands neighborhood and work in Midtown. My "commute" is a whopping 2 miles! Not even enough to get the M3 warmed up. Thought about getting SMG to make city driving easier but I guess I'm just too old-school. Fortunately we've got Road Atlanta nearby, so I'll be able to put the M3 through its paces up there.

Don't worry -- I will post tons of photos when I get the car. I'm doing Perf Ctr Delivery in Greenville/Spartanburg. Can't freakin' wait!!!

Hi BradATL
As for me... I grew up in ATL (Dekalb Co). My parents still reside there. I joined the Army and have traveled everywhere, Right now, I am in Augusta, getting ready to move to the DC area. Maybe we can hook up when you get the nice ride? I am married and have 3 girls, 2 live with me. My wife is also Military. Though, you would never know when she is out of uniform. Well again CONGRATS!

BradATL
Fri, Sep-12-2003, 12:33:40 PM
Originally posted by WHEEL1

Hi BradATL
As for me... I grew up in ATL (Dekalb Co). My parents still reside there. I joined the Army and have traveled everywhere, Right now, I am in Augusta, getting ready to move to the DC area. Maybe we can hook up when you get the nice ride? I am married and have 3 girls, 2 live with me. My wife is also Military. Though, you would never know when she is out of uniform. Well again CONGRATS!

Good luck with the move to DC. Shoot me a PM next time you are in the ATL. Would love to see your car. I have to live vicariously through others until I get mine!

SMOK3
Sat, Sep-13-2003, 12:09:38 PM

Good luck with the move to DC. Shoot me a PM next time you are in the ATL. Would love to see your car. I have to live vicariously through others until I get mine!

LOL... Will do!
:thumbsup:

M3Terror
Tue, Sep-30-2003, 06:40:02 AM
I'm living in Stuttgart Germany but my folks and the rest of my family are in Kennesaw. I moved here in 1999. I don't know how I could move back and still enjoy my M3. There is nothing like doing 170 mph on the autobahn. I have raced against every porsche, mercedes and most exotic cars. I get back to Kennesaw 2-3 times a year and have to watch my driving on the hwy because before I know it I'm doing 100-110 and have to slow down in my rental. If anyone from GA ever makes it to Germany let me know and I will show them around and give you a ride in my M3 on the Autobahn.

Scott

SMOK3
Tue, Sep-30-2003, 09:13:02 PM
Originally posted by M3Terror
There is nothing like doing 170 mph on the autobahn...
Scott

I know what you mean, somewhat... I had a Dinan 3er when I was there. Not as fast as the M3 that I have now, but on the a-bahn (A5 Dreieck) was nice... I miss that!

:beer:

zivilyn861
Sun, Oct-19-2003, 08:30:05 PM
Although I don't have an M3 just yet, I live in Atlanta... I'm actually graduating from GA Tech in the spring. :) I'm from the Kennesaw area originally (and more recently Canton). I'm glad to see I must know a couple of the M3's I see roaming around town!

I myself am looking at getting one in the near future. I'm somewhat worried about what they'll do to the next generation of M3's, so right now I'm leaning toward snatching an '04 up in the next year (hopefully). I absolutely love the e46's look!

If anyone is around the city and wants to get together, let me know. I don't have an M to bring to the picture, but I'm there in spirit for sure! Soon enough I'll have one of my own :)

-Chris

SMGCABRIO
Mon, Nov-03-2003, 11:13:22 PM
Yes live in Buckhead, have a 2003.5 mystic blue with grey interior convert, xenons, hk, nav, heated seats, 19's. If you guys want to get together just give me a shout, would love to chat with you guys. Need to get everyone up for a drive sometime.

SMOK3
Fri, Nov-07-2003, 10:24:56 AM
Originally posted by SMGCABRIO
Need to get everyone up for a drive sometime...

...actually we just had a drive to Helen GA at the Habersham Winery. At the same time, Octoberfest was in full bloom. Nice turn out, about 40~50 cars. It was a great drive, approx. 1.5 hours from Perimeter Mall. Lots of curves and hair pins... :thumbsup:

zivilyn861
Fri, Nov-07-2003, 01:09:42 PM
That area's really nice up there... I've been up to Amicalola falls in Dawsonville (just up 400 for a bit) in the Z4, and there are some really nice roads and scenery to be experienced.

If you really want some fun driving, you can try the Cherohala Skyway (I believe it's the TN part of it) near Tellico Plains. They have some really fun twisties, plus you ascend from ~900ft to ~3500ft along the way. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Ratsback
Sat, Nov-08-2003, 05:51:23 AM
New owner, long time fan. I just (and do me JUST) bought my 1997 M3.

If you are looking for killer roads, look towards TN and NC. The Gap is famous for its 300 some odd turns in less than 15 miles.... all in the mountains! There are quite a few scenic spots not to far from Atlanta... by the way, I am in Kennesaw.

zivilyn861
Sun, Nov-09-2003, 06:45:59 PM
I was curious as to if any of you forumers were out in your LSB M3 today neat Town Center Mall (on Barret Pkwy)? It was actually the first LSB I've seen in the entire Atlanta area, and I must say it was a very nice ride. I used not to see very many out in Kennesaw, but I've seen two in the past two days (the other was IR).

Anyway, just curious.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

WytLytnyn
Wed, Nov-12-2003, 02:44:13 PM
I live just on the line of Sandy Springs and Buckhead (Chastain area) on Roswell Rd.

PM me next time you guys are headed to Helen so we can nail some twisties.....

SMGCABRIO
Thu, Nov-20-2003, 01:47:14 AM
Any of you guys want to buy my dinan exhaust? Had in on the car for about 1 week, then the dealer wrecked my car (long story). Since them I have purchased a new M3 a dont think I will put it on the new car. So the exhaust has about 50 miles on it, I will let it go for 1000$. You can PM me if intersested...

Atl_Kev
Sun, Dec-07-2003, 03:51:18 AM
New E46 owner here. I live in Roswell. Anyone else from around here?

ksp3c
Sun, Dec-14-2003, 06:39:03 AM
my m3(ti siver/imola red) will be here this wednesday. i was actually searching through the internet to find a m3 club in atlanta but no luck so far.

i live on roswell road inside of 285 so if you guys want to meet up on sunday(only day off), count me in.

BradATL
Thu, Dec-25-2003, 05:27:45 PM
Originally posted by ksp3c
my m3(ti siver/imola red) will be here this wednesday. i was actually searching through the internet to find a m3 club in atlanta but no luck so far.

You should join the BMWCCA. Local chapter (Peachtree) is excellent. They sponsor several track weekends at Road Atlanta each year. Good group of folks. To join BMWCCA, go to www.bmwcca.org. To check out the local chapter, go to www.peachtreebmwcca.org.

Brad

stkbmeyer
Sat, Jan-03-2004, 05:42:13 AM
Hello there....'03 Imola Red here in Alpharetta. We should get a group to do a "track day" out at Road Atlanta. It's a hoot and always have the damn Z06's out there.
http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays_Schedule.asp

ShaunATL
Sat, Jan-03-2004, 07:49:34 PM
I'm looking at the March driving school - this would be my first track event. Do you guys think it would be a good start? Are there some less expensive alternatives for a beginner? This sounds like a good deal, but I'm not sure how much driving time is included.

http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/DSchool/

stkbmeyer
Sun, Jan-04-2004, 01:56:14 AM
I hear good things about the BMW driving school, but have not yet completed it. The difference between the two (Panoz at Road Atlanta vs. the BMW Driving School) is the fact there will be a driving instructor with you in the car at all times with the BMW driving school. The Panoz event is really more of an open track time (controlled environment though --- passing only in certain areas and people working the corners to keep people under control) and no one will be in the car with you (unless you bring a guest). Your first event will require you to take the "Touring Group" option, where you follow driving instructors throughout your day (still worth it). The other option is to wait for an "Autocross" event, but it will not be on a track and is usually a course set up with pylons with timers.

ShaunATL
Sun, Jan-04-2004, 04:03:32 AM
I guess this isn't my absolute first time in a track setting - I did run a few laps (Autocross style) in a 330i at the BMW Precision Driving Experience in October. Got the second fastest lap time behind some German guy....and my wife got third!

BradATL
Tue, Jan-06-2004, 09:26:33 PM
Originally posted by netoows
I'm looking at the March driving school - this would be my first track event. Do you guys think it would be a good start? Are there some less expensive alternatives for a beginner? This sounds like a good deal, but I'm not sure how much driving time is included.

You will get a lot of driving time. I strongly recommend it. Unfortunately I won't be at the March school. My wife and I are vacationing that week.

markb50k
Fri, Jan-09-2004, 05:03:20 PM
Hi folks,

I live down 85 in Newnan, but work in Midtown. For M3 activities, you should all check out Bimmerforums (www.bimmerforums.com). There is a South East Regional Board (http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=165) there, and more specifically, a GEORGIA specific board where alot of good folks hang out.

we do LOTS of events, mountain drives (including one this sunday), meets, and just get togethers at restaurants and such. All bmw makes are represented there but E36 M3 are most prevalent.

If anyone wants to get together some time just PM me or post on the board.

Take it easy.

bmwm3n528
Sun, Jan-11-2004, 04:10:23 AM
yeah, all the GA people seem to flock to bf.c

slowLS1
Thu, Jan-22-2004, 04:36:33 AM
i dont have an M3, but im near atlanta and would LOVE to run any of you guys. never ran a new m3 before. roasted plenty of old ones though.

Atl_Kev
Sat, Jan-24-2004, 03:56:34 PM
Slow,
I would love to meet up. I live in Roswell and often meet up with car groups at Andretti speed labs. I posted a response under the vette vs M3 thread but it just got burried in all the mud slingin'...Some people get crazy about their rides, I'm not one of those. I can meet up this afternoon or tomorrow....or really any weekend with a little notice. PM me if you are up for it.
Kevin

slowLS1
Sun, Jan-25-2004, 06:34:32 PM
yeah, i would have liked to meet up this weekend but i went to the track in south carolina. maybe next weekend, depends on whats going on. i have a very busy schedule for the next 2 months.

stkbmeyer
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 01:32:34 AM
Hello Georgia M3 folks....wanted to make sure you were aware of upcoming track days @ Road Atlanta (2/21 and 2/22).....I am jumping on and am set up for the Saturday session (intermediate group)
http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays_Schedule.asp

slowLS1
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 01:35:43 AM
my car got stolen!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

stkbmeyer
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 01:56:49 AM
man, I'm REALLY sorry to hear that....that sucks.....where did this happen?

slowLS1
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 02:14:32 AM
near atlanta. im driving my moms car for the time being. im pissed.

markb50k
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 03:23:48 AM
that does ****. sorry bro

slowLS1
Thu, Feb-12-2004, 03:32:59 AM
thanks guys, i dont know what im gonna get next... probably just a beater for college, maybe save up for an m3:beer:

i really like the e46's... but i have a ways to save up.

kinabalu222
Thu, Aug-05-2004, 10:09:46 PM
Anyone M3 Owners in GA???

:eek:

Sorry I'm a late responder to this thread but I just found it and I'm a M3 owner only since May of this year. I'm in Savannah and there's another guy at my work that has a M3 as well so add two more to your list.
:peace:

Revolution
Sun, Sep-19-2004, 08:47:26 PM
Just saw this thread right now. I live in Kennesaw and go to KSU and that is my company in my sig. Wheel1, do you work for Wheel Source by any chance because that is their "slogan" or "lingo" which is Wheel1. Just curious that is all.