Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Richmond, VA area independent shop?

Cap'n
Wed, May-24-2006, 06:06:42 PM
I need to get inspection II done, and was looking to avoid the dealer. Anyone have recommendations or know of directories (ala friends of bmw in bmwcca)?

tripower
Tue, May-30-2006, 12:20:50 PM
I need to get inspection II done, and was looking to avoid the dealer. Anyone have recommendations or know of directories (ala friends of bmw in bmwcca)?

Is your car still under warranty? If so consider the dealer for inspection II.
Otherwise these guys have a very good reputation:

Import Autohaus (They actually have 3 or 4 locations all over town)
6316 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230
(804) 673-9171

Cap'n
Tue, May-30-2006, 03:28:46 PM
Is your car still under warranty? If so consider the dealer for inspection II.
Otherwise these guys have a very good reputation:

Import Autohaus (They actually have 3 or 4 locations all over town)
6316 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230
(804) 673-9171

Cool. I'm under warranty, but out of maintenance warranty ('02 with only the 3 yr maintenance plan). Dealer quoted me $670 though, which sounds very reasonable given what everyone else has paid on the board. I heard good things about Import Autohaus though, and supposedly many previous Richmond BMW techs there now.

tripower
Tue, May-30-2006, 04:20:28 PM
Cool. I'm under warranty, but out of maintenance warranty ('02 with only the 3 yr maintenance plan). Dealer quoted me $670 though, which sounds very reasonable given what everyone else has paid on the board. I heard good things about Import Autohaus though, and supposedly many previous Richmond BMW techs there now.

I do my own maintenance but my parents went there a lot and highly recommended them. They aren't cheap but less expensive than the dealer. What part of town are you located?

Cap'n
Tue, May-30-2006, 06:42:55 PM
I do my own maintenance but my parents went there a lot and highly recommended them. They aren't cheap but less expensive than the dealer. What part of town are you located?

Far west end, near short pump mall. Are you nearby?

I'm definitely getting into doing my own maintenance (oil change, brakes, various fluids and filters), but haven't made the plunge yet, and my car has been querky lately, and still want to have the valve adjustment done by a pro.

tripower
Tue, May-30-2006, 07:09:48 PM
Far west end, near short pump mall. Are you nearby?

I'm definitely getting into doing my own maintenance (oil change, brakes, various fluids and filters), but haven't made the plunge yet, and my car has been querky lately, and still want to have the valve adjustment done by a pro.

Sent you a PM.

getfast
Tue, Jun-06-2006, 07:48:20 PM

I'd recommend Grady Goodman at BM&V Imports in Mechanicsville. Really knowledgeable BMW guy, no BS, no frills, just good service at fair prices. He's done E30 and E36 stuff for me in the past and I've never been disappointed. 804-559-1919.

Import Autohaus is the place that rotated my car's staggered wheels/tires when it belonged to the previous owner. Sent him out the door with 8.5's on the front and 7.5's on the back!

Hope it helps,

Jon

RVA E30
Fri, Jun-30-2006, 02:03:10 PM
I am also gonna say go with Grady, he definitely knows his stuff

isugoo
Thu, Jul-06-2006, 08:34:41 PM
I don't know much but I just want to say hello to my fellow Richmonders.
I just got silver 03.5 CPO silver M3 coupe. And wondering who are in the neighborhood.