Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Selling my M3

BigHat
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 03:04:46 PM
Wondered if anyone in the NOVA / DC area would share any thoughts on the best way to sell my '04 Coupe?

Washington Post worth it? Autotrader? Is CarMax fair or is that a waste of time?

yuanren
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 04:16:37 PM
you could always try craigslist ... free advertising

Turbologist
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 04:25:49 PM
I wouldn't do CarMax unless you're absolutely desperate... I dont think theyll give you the best price to be had on your car...

For the highest sale price:

1. Autotrader
2. Cars.com (aka Washington Post)
3. CarMax or dealer
4. eBay

Why are you selling it?

USCTrojanMan29
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 05:49:52 PM
I wouldn't do CarMax unless you're absolutely desperate... I dont think theyll give you the best price to be had on your car...

1. Autotrader
3. CarMax or dealer
4. eBay

Why are you selling it?
My buyer was from autotrader... :thumbsup:

BigHat
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 07:46:43 PM

1. Autotrader
3. CarMax or dealer
4. eBay

Why are you selling it?

Thanks for the tips everybody.

To answer your question. I have a new 650 coupe on the way from Germany to replace it. Only has 7400 miles on it but I decided to get something different.
Great car though. Never a single problem and very good fit and finish. That's why I stayed BMW.

Turbologist
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 10:22:48 PM
Thanks for the tips everybody.

To answer your question. I have a new 650 coupe on the way from Germany to replace it. Only has 7400 miles on it but I decided to get something different.
Great car though. Never a single problem and very good fit and finish. That's why I stayed BMW.

Movin up, huh? Good luck with your sale... You can always post it in the FS section... It can only help...

I sure would like to see the details on her...

BigHat
Fri, Mar-17-2006, 10:29:20 AM
Movin up, huh? Good luck with your sale... You can always post it in the FS section... It can only help...

I sure would like to see the details on her...

I will list here. Need to take some pics. Car has all options available for a 2004 except 19s. Was worried about potholes etc. Turns out they probably would have been fine.

Budman
Fri, Mar-17-2006, 12:29:15 PM
Good luck. I would post it on all the big bimmer forums also. Just in case.

Phat Ham
Fri, Mar-17-2006, 02:46:54 PM
I had my 540 on cars.com and autotrader and got a decent number of hits from them. I believe if you buy a print ad in the washington post you get a free ad on cars.com. The guy who bought my car said he found it on roadfly.org. It's free so it can't hurt to list it there.

andrewevandc
Fri, Mar-17-2006, 02:52:05 PM
Just sold my other car yesterday -- a Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder. Listed it on Autotrader. They have a "list it until sold" feature that will allow you to keep the car up there and edit the listing forever.

So I started the price very high and just moved it down until I got offers I could live with.

But I also did a webpage for the car with tons and tons of pics and a FAQ about the car. I put a link tot he webpage in the autotrader ad copy. That seemed to help.

Custom Performance
Fri, Mar-17-2006, 10:14:28 PM
Wondered if anyone in the NOVA / DC area would share any thoughts on the best way to sell my '04 Coupe?

Washington Post worth it? Autotrader? Is CarMax fair or is that a waste of time?
I bought my 02 through the autotrader. Also sold my 99 M3 and 99 Cobra thorugh the autotrader. It has a wide distribution. the guy that bought my Cobra drove up from Roanoke.

datax
Sat, Mar-18-2006, 07:56:54 AM
I sold my R32 thru Autotrader and GTi thru ebay.