Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Any decent shop to install Magnaflow catback exhaust in Bucks County?

woptang22
Tue, Mar-14-2006, 05:49:04 AM
I just bought the magnaflow catback exhaust from a forum member and am waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent places I can take the car to have this system put on properly? I went to a local muffler shop that I used before for my truck, but Im afraid to go back. I went to get a quote and he said "ahh dont buy that system, I can save you money and we can just cut your stock exhaust and throw in some flowmasters." I almost lost it. I was thinking of letting him know its not a mustang or anything like that. But I didnt say anything. So I am afraid to go there. Any suggestions would be great.

Budman
Tue, Mar-14-2006, 01:26:40 PM
Exhaust is an easy DIY job.. with the right tools you should have no issues. Its pretty much plug and play.. :)

Check out the SS Race install on www.klangford.com for a guide. I am sure the Magnaflow couldn't be much different

UA///M3
Wed, Mar-15-2006, 02:05:15 AM
go to another muffler shop. look them up in the yellow pages.

woptang22
Thu, Mar-16-2006, 03:49:06 AM
Im sure the install is pretty self explanitory but Im not too good with mechanical stuff. I dont have all the proper tools or anything to get the car off the ground to get under it. I just would rather have a shop do it that can get it done right and I dont have to hastle with it. Especially since the magnaflow has that issue with the drivers side being a little lower then the passenger side. It probably has to be tweeked a little bit, and Ill get too frustrated, so If anyone knows a decent trustworthy shop, please let me know.

RBC44
Sun, Mar-19-2006, 06:18:26 PM
Go to Magnaflow.com, click on dealers, put in your zip code and you're in business.
Ben

woptang22
Sun, Mar-19-2006, 07:52:43 PM
Go to Magnaflow.com, click on dealers, put in your zip code and you're in business.
Ben
thanks for the advice ill give that a try.

Mainstray
Sun, Dec-17-2006, 04:47:18 AM
so where did you end up having your exhaust installed? I have the same setup and I'm having a hard time w/ the top TORX screw!

Cheeze
Mon, Dec-18-2006, 10:41:57 PM
bavarianspecialties.com

PHL-05
Mon, Dec-18-2006, 10:51:55 PM
bavarianspecialties.com

+1, only it's in Montco.

Mainstray
Tue, Dec-19-2006, 04:22:28 AM
Im sure the install is pretty self explanitory but Im not too good with mechanical stuff. I dont have all the proper tools or anything to get the car off the ground to get under it. I just would rather have a shop do it that can get it done right and I dont have to hastle with it. Especially since the magnaflow has that issue with the drivers side being a little lower then the passenger side. It probably has to be tweeked a little bit, and Ill get too frustrated, so If anyone knows a decent trustworthy shop, please let me know.

I can install it for you. But time is tight right now.

circacs
Thu, Dec-21-2006, 11:09:20 PM
Bavarian Specialties in King of Prussia - Mike or Bimmerworks in West Chester - Steve - true professionals and worth every penny!
circacs:thumbsup:

5moreyears
Fri, Dec-22-2006, 05:37:32 AM
Bavarian Specialties in King of Prussia - Mike or Bimmerworks in West Chester - Steve - true professionals and worth every penny!
circacs:thumbsup:

I Second this.

Mainstray
Sun, Dec-24-2006, 06:01:17 AM
Is it in the car yet?

sfauth
Sun, Dec-24-2006, 04:20:13 PM
If you are still looking, give http://www.bimmerworks.com/content.php a try. Top notch service and very reasonable prices. They are in West Chester so it might be a hike for you but well worth it.

cmackin300
Wed, Dec-27-2006, 07:53:31 AM
Give Amr at Einstein Imports a call, 703-568-9012. He's a great mechanic and if he can't fit you in he'll recommend a good shop. Very honest guy with great rates. Tell him Chris recommended him and he'll hook you up.