Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : service in Pittsburgh

smiling M3
Fri, Mar-03-2006, 06:52:56 PM
Hi All,
From your experiences, who is the best dealer for service in Pittsburgh or central Pa. area?
Thanks,
Jim

DoctaM3
Fri, Mar-03-2006, 11:52:43 PM
Hi All,
From your experiences, who is the best dealer for service in Pittsburgh or central Pa. area?
Thanks,
Jim

I use P&W on Baum Blvd and they are pretty good. They are undergoing constructions for upgrades and the place is looking better. Some new personnel so some of the "not so good" advisors are history. Ask for John Thompson. He will take care of you. Also, Bobby Rahal in Peters Twsp. Demonds is in sales there and is really awesome as well. Hope that helps! :beer:

DaBean
Sat, Mar-04-2006, 04:42:58 AM
I use P&W as well, because it is really close to my house. however, I've been to A&L when P&W was too busy, and they were good as well.

DoctaM3
Sat, Mar-04-2006, 05:34:42 AM
I use P&W as well, because it is really close to my house. however, I've been to A&L when P&W was too busy, and they were good as well.

I have tried A&L and I found that their service sucks. Their sales team treat you like crap.... and well... I don't want to go on...I think you get the idea. I am not sure they know what customer "service" means... :banghead:

DaBean
Sat, Mar-04-2006, 06:22:46 PM
Well, I always dealt with "Alex" at A&L... he had an M3 as well, and always treated me VERY well. I haven't been up there in a while, but I do know that if you go through him, you will have a pleasant experience.

Honestly, I've had good and bad experiences at every dealership. I've had the great service days at P&W... where they take me in same day, next day.. etc.... but I've also had the bad service days, where my car was 6 hours overdue... etc...

The best service I had was in Little Rock, AR... (it may be because they sold so few bimmers that they could take really good care of their few customers).

The worst I've had is in Bellevue, WA (opposite to Little Rock, they are one of the biggest dealers in the states... or so they say)... and it makes sense,... they have so many people to deal with that they unfortunately cannot give the care they want to (should)... but then again, sometimes I get good experiences.

Overall, i think it really depends on their load at the time of service request.. if they have a lot on their to-do list, they won't be as good... but if they are emptier, they'll be great.

DoctaM3
Sun, Mar-05-2006, 04:13:57 AM
Well, I always dealt with "Alex" at A&L... he had an M3 as well, and always treated me VERY well. I haven't been up there in a while, but I do know that if you go through him, you will have a pleasant experience.

Honestly, I've had good and bad experiences at every dealership. I've had the great service days at P&W... where they take me in same day, next day.. etc.... but I've also had the bad service days, where my car was 6 hours overdue... etc...

The best service I had was in Little Rock, AR... (it may be because they sold so few bimmers that they could take really good care of their few customers).

The worst I've had is in Bellevue, WA (opposite to Little Rock, they are one of the biggest dealers in the states... or so they say)... and it makes sense,... they have so many people to deal with that they unfortunately cannot give the care they want to (should)... but then again, sometimes I get good experiences.

Overall, i think it really depends on their load at the time of service request.. if they have a lot on their to-do list, they won't be as good... but if they are emptier, they'll be great.

true. are you back in da Burgh? I took the ///M out for a spin today, although it was still cold... its rare to drive it with the top up, but I was dry and sunny so i figured, why not? Are you doing the April meet at the Waterfront?

DaBean
Thu, Mar-23-2006, 03:52:20 AM
true. are you back in da Burgh? I took the ///M out for a spin today, although it was still cold... its rare to drive it with the top up, but I was dry and sunny so i figured, why not? Are you doing the April meet at the Waterfront?

Sorry I missed your reply!

Is that the April meet in M635dude's sig? If so, I probably will be there.

I'm back in Da Burgh for the final stretch... only about 60 or so more days until I leave :( 'twil be sad :(

Marcopolo
Fri, Mar-24-2006, 07:59:37 PM
Hi All,
Thanks,
Jim

Best by far is Sewickley. The guys there all track their cars so they are really knowledgeable and they are real ‘car nuts’. Better than all other dealerships in Pittsburgh that if you ask anything out of the ordinary they have no clue. I can go on and on for a while.

smiling M3
Fri, Mar-24-2006, 09:49:40 PM
Hello All,
Thanks for the info on the dealers. My experience at A&L has not been to my liking and I am looking for a dealer who knows what they are doing and cares for our vehicles like we do.
Regards,
Jim

DoctaM3
Sat, Mar-25-2006, 03:08:27 AM
Hello All,
Thanks for the info on the dealers. My experience at A&L has not been to my liking and I am looking for a dealer who knows what they are doing and cares for our vehicles like we do.
Regards,
Jim

Jim, I am not surprised. Try P&W, ask for John Thompson and tell him the good doctor sent you... :) tell him the one with 4.8is and the SGM/Imola M3. He'll know and take good car of you.... Let me know how it goes. :beer:

DaBean
Sat, Mar-25-2006, 03:37:25 AM
Jim, I am not surprised. Try P&W, ask for John Thompson and tell him the good doctor sent you... :) tell him the one with 4.8is and the SGM/Imola M3. He'll know and take good car of you.... Let me know how it goes. :beer:

I also deal with John - tell him the young guy with the LSB Coupe as well ;)

Doc - I didn't realize you had a 4.8is!! that's awesome...

DoctaM3
Sun, Mar-26-2006, 02:37:26 AM
I also deal with John - tell him the young guy with the LSB Coupe as well ;)

Doc - I didn't realize you had a 4.8is!! that's awesome...

Yep, 4.8is is winter ride...runabout. The ///M only sees nice days... sorta rare in da Burgh sadly though! :nixweiss:

garbz
Mon, Apr-03-2006, 09:24:09 PM
if you are looking for an independent shop try bill ballon's automotive in lawranceville. he only works on bmw's and is extremely knowledgeable. i'm very pleased with his work.

steve