Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : help with LS1 conversion in NoVA area

goob_os101
Tue, Feb-21-2006, 02:56:42 PM
More and more I look into fixing my 99 M3 with bent valves the price goes up. I was looking into just replacing the valves, but there is still the possibility that more could be wrong. Research shows I should just buy a new S52 and be worry free, well why not put a LS1 in. Same price range. There are step by steps out there. I am wondering If anyone in the NoVA area would help me with this. I was hoping to make this a kinda installfest with people pitching in their knowledge and time. Just throwing this idea out there. I don't believe anyone has done this in the area yet. I don't have tools or a garage... If someone could donate some space and tools and we can all lend in a hand here and there I think we could get this done. I really dont have a time limit. this project would be a great way to get local enthusiasts together to embark on this new swap. You get to share in on the experience and meet new people and to help a buddy out. Hey dont' forget beer and food. Let me know what you guys think. I would love to do this, but I know it relies greatly on others time and labor. Thanks you for your input.

step by step (http://www.nash8503.com/Conversion_Instructions/Instructions_Prepare_the_Car_26Sep05.pdf)

Tue, Feb-21-2006, 09:45:58 PM
I would be down to help in one way or another. I have no tools and a small garage, but extra hands can help. Keep us updated.:)

PS: Do you have anymore PDF's on the install

goob_os101
Wed, Feb-22-2006, 01:17:39 PM
I do not, but i called the guy who wrote the one i have. He said that if we need advice he is ok with us calling him.

Tue, Feb-28-2006, 04:17:33 PM
So are you going to do it? :thumbsup: :bow:

Dfetter84
Tue, Feb-28-2006, 08:56:16 PM
Call my buddy Jeff @ PSI 410-766-7774
SB Chevy extroadinaire